Re: [hatari-devel] PhotoChrome v6.2-pre

On Fri, 30 Oct 2015, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:

First, sorry for being late on reply, I've had a few busy days.

the last 8 pixels of a 224 bytes STE overscan line are now correctly displayed.

Excellent :)

- Drone : looks OK on the big "Drone" logo at start. But later, some effects show some bad pixels in the right of the screen :
  - image with an "exploding chest" has flickering extra pixels
  - the 3D objects made with stars leave some pixels in the right
  - the image before this 3D part also has some wrong pixels in the right
Anders, do you see this too on your STE ? Are those bugs in the demo ? (maybe it was only tested with an STE+monitor that didn't show the whole line ?)

You are right in your assumptions that I've not seen these demos with full borders visible on a real machine. I've used Hatari for development and bug-tested on Atari without using the PAL frame grabber.

- sh10 invitation : the DHS logo at the end looks good, the last 4 pixels are made with color 0, but this seems ok as this part doesn't use the 224 byte line but a 230 line from what I can see.

The overscan is without stabilizer, so I've assumed it's 224 bytes. The screenpointer is set every line so the width could actually be wider without it being noticeable apart from the left border. Again I don't have a PAL dump to check the far borders.

Here's a line of code from the overscan:

http://pastebin.com/umqjSnX0

Please note that this screen isn't time-critical so there's no optimization as far as blitter initialization goes. And the Hatari special-case isn't needed these days.

Let me know if some errors remain in some other demos.

If there's an OS X build some day, I'll have a look at more demos.
Great work!

--
Anders Eriksson
ae@xxxxxx     http://www.dhs.nu/