Re: [hatari-devel] Re: Hatari SCSI Driver patch

> The SG driver, which provides the low level SCSI
> interface, is very Linux specific.

Actually not that specific. The only thing the SCSI driver needs is the ioctl() to send an SCSI command block to the device, There are very similar interfaces on other platforms.

Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Seimet@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb am 23:51 Mittwoch, 28.Oktober 2015:

Hi,

> Then maybe create a HAVE_SCSI_DRIVER in cmake if cmake detects the OS is
> linux, and remove the __linux__
>
> The idea is to centralize all OS specific variables in one place (cmake)
> and then have only HAVE_xxx variables used in sources.
>
> It will be much easier to extend Hatari to other OS this way (for
> example, maybe BSD can be built with nf_scsi driver, but it might not
> define __linux__ ?)

I see your point, but I think it is very unlikely that a different OS
handles this the same way, i.e. the existing code would work with a
non-Linux system. The SG driver, which provides the low level SCSI
interface, is very Linux specific.

Take care

Uwe