Re: [hatari-devel] Re: Hatari SCSI Driver patch

Just to make things more transparent: If udev is not running, media
changes will be directly detected by the Atari application using the
SCSI Driver, based on the SCSI error code returned when accessing a
device. But if udev is running, udev detects the media change and the
Atari application will never see the SCSI error code. This is why
special treatment is required on systems running udev, and that's what
the udev-related code is for.
If libudev is present (headers and library) but not running Hatari will
still be linked against it, but for the SCSI Driver udev not running is
effectively the same as udev not being available at all.

Take care

Uwe