Re: [hatari-devel] Feedback SDL2 support

----- Thomas Huth wrote:
> Am Sun, 24 May 2015 14:36:26 -0600 (MDT)
>
>  Hi David,
>
> sorry for the very late reply, ... finally I had some spare minutes to
> look into this...

Hi Thomas,

My CentOS 6 laptop seems to be working better now that I upgraded
cmake from 2.8.11.x to 2.8.12.2 , compiled SDL2 to the latest HG tip ,
and compiled Hatari to the latest HG tip.

I have not upgraded SDL2 on my CentOS 5 desktop yet.

> schrieb David Savinkoff
>
> > ----- David Savinkoff wrote:
> > >
> > > When I toggle SDL2 fullscreen <F11>, the mouse cursor gets
> > > repositioned because of the different screen sizes. The mouse
> > > cursor doesn't always get repositioned in a manner that I
> > > understand... probably in an incorrect manner. This probably causes
> > > the host computer to change 'window focus' when changing the screen
> > > sizes; giving bogus coordinates and wreaking havoc.
> > >
> > > Here is a possible clue that makes a slight difference:
> > >
> > > (hatari/src/main.c)
> > >
> > > /**
> > >  * Set mouse pointer to new coordinates and set flag to ignore the
> > > mouse event
> > >  * that is generated by SDL_WarpMouse().
> > >  */
> > > void Main_WarpMouse(int x, int y)
> > > {
> > > #if WITH_SDL2
> > > 	SDL_WarpMouseInWindow(sdlWindow, x, y);
> > > #else
> > > 	SDL_WarpMouse(x, y);
> > > 	bIgnoreNextMouseMotion = true;
> > > #endif
> > > //	bIgnoreNextMouseMotion = true;  ^moved up^  **NOTICE
> > > HERE**
> > >
> > > }
> > >
> > > ***
> > > Hopefully this info will be helpful. Note that this does not
> > > solve the problem.
>
> Question: Are you running in Falcon or TT mode when this happens, or in
> ST / STE mode? Or does it happen in both modes?

Hatari ST mode, default config, old core, SDL2,
CentOS 6, Dell Inspiron 1525 core2 laptop.

> > The following was noticed on Hatari(old core), SDL2, CentOS6
> > (The laptop where Hatari SDL2 works great).
> >
> > The good
> > 1) run hatari and position mouse in approximately center of hatari
> > screen 2) press F11 and notice that mouse is correctly in the same
> > relative spot 3) toggle F11 a few times and note that all works
> > properly as expected.
> >
> > The bad
> > 4) run hatari and position mouse in Top Left of hatari screen.
> > 5) press F11 and notice that mouse is incorrectly GONE. (repeat a few
> > times)
>
> Where did you position your Hatari window before switching to
> fullscreen mode? In the center or in a corner of the screen?
> Also, was this in Falcon/TT mode or in ST/STE mode?

This problem no longer happens on my CentOS 6 laptop.
I believe the problem was first noticed with the Hatari window
automatically placed on the desktop, then noticed with the
Hatari window placed in the exact center of the desktop after
a F11 switch to fullscreen, then noticed regardless of where I
manually placed the Hatari window.

Hatari ST mode, default config, old core, SDL2.

> > The ugly
> > 6) run hatari and note that the hatari window is centered on the
> > desktop. 7) move the hatari window.
> > 8) press F11 and note that hatari is full screen.
> > 9) press F11 and note that the hatari window is !!! centered on the
> > desktop. 10) repeat (7) to (9) to note that the hatari window is
> > erroneously re-centered.
>
> At least this works fine for me. I think this depends on your Window
> manager. What kind of desktop environment are you using?

This still happens. (not a bug?)

I assumed that the Hatari window should not move from where I
originally placed it, regardless of toggling between fullscreen and
window mode. I suppose Gnome2 / CentOS 6 / SDL2 simply
places the Hatari window in the center of the desktop after toggling
from fullscreen.

>  Thomas

I just noticed a another problem on my CentOS 6 / SDL2 / Hatari.
- have Hatari in windowed mode
- press F12 to get to SDL menu
- drag a terminal window over Hatari
- notice Hatari window is smudged and Not refreshed.

I will report Hatari / SDL2 problems as I find them.

Sincerely,
David Savinkoff