|Re: [hatari-devel] Feedback SDL2 support|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Feedback SDL2 support
- From: David Savinkoff <dsavnkff@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 13:37:54 -0600 (MDT)
- Cc: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=telus.net; s=neo; t=1445629074; bh=GkDhtiWP333u6WGo2+GhJert+uT2ZhuZnEgNj9yU2NI=; h=Date:From:To:Cc:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:References:Subject: MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=iqHkUEvqOarCIXlJmLm9c1r2hgclrnjaTCiXlGMS0OraQxwmsoPjJICQnE8vc9CqH zow+eXiPW5lweZ71VxoxHO90VY5byXYZohOFfAcQ6fjBnek0UNIbmNNDPtjB4Zo76n 7UF6r8mBKRumy6VDFppdGlWTI5/o2k0hhhf7FwmQrE7yQ4EhnPV6DHRLGuGR1drd0r X1q9ccAWcxY1dgIYZR7NoE12Sxslr6clK7/nAEnBmRINspf6PS04xdi2XoAYyOhHlE pBcDik182RztPXzlQcaYxqJQ1IrFXG5utVPkpkFcbDd0GvInBK7Vuyk9BjZr3zIhDg wgifrLw3oEwbA==
- Thread-index: yTs5GvU1QI6297YKnxkIgAbA7aUmlw==
- Thread-topic: Feedback SDL2 support
----- Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Am Thu, 22 Oct 2015 06:11:45 -0600 (MDT)
> schrieb David Savinkoff <dsavnkff@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > > > > > Hi Thomas,
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Here is a patch that gets Fullsrceen/Windowed toggling (F11)
> > > > > > to work significantly better on my CentOS 5 computer. The
> > > > > > FULLSCREEN and BORDERLESS flags are necessary to fix
> > > > > > two separate problems.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Please try this patch on your system to investigate how
> > > > > > things change for you.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Thank You,
> > > > > > David Savinkoff
> > screen.c.2.diff is the best I can do tonight.
> Hi David,
> thanks for the testing! ... however, the SDL_WINDOW_FULLSCREEN_DESKTOP
> has been used there on purpose - some people (especially Mac OS X guys)
> wanted to have that feature with SDL2.
The option is almost already there with "Keep desktop Resolution"
Please do make an option; because SDL_WINDOW_FULLSCREEN
is more like how it is done in SDL1/Hatari
I'll do my best to help with getting SDL2 to work as good as SDL1
I believe that my old computer may help with finding bugs that are
not reproducible with newer Linux.
My latest patch has made me optimistic about SDL2 on old hardware
(I think half the problem is solved).
Note that I'm using the latest SDL2 sources on pentium3 CentOS 5.
If I get another computer in the next decade, I'll do tests with BSD.
> But I think I could make it
> optional, i.e. selectable with an option in the GUI. I'll try to come
> up with a patch when I've got some spare time for this (but I want to
> work on the 8-bit rendering removal first).