Re: [hatari-devel] A question about the debugger

On perjantai 18 syyskuu 2015, Thomas Huth wrote:
> On 18/09/15 19:56, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> > On perjantai 18 syyskuu 2015, Roger Burrows wrote:
> >> If you redirect stderr to a file, the debug output (stderr, if I
> >> understood correctly from previous posts) does not go into the  file.
> >> The output continues to go to the console window.  The file is 0 bytes
> >> long.
> >
> > Did you try both:
> > 	hatari --trace gemdos . 2> stderr.txt
> > 	hatari --trace gemdos . > stdout.txt
> >
> > ?
> >
> > And were both of these files empty?
>
> Maybe that's related to the console redirection code in
> src/gui-win/opencon.c ? (That's needed because the SDL redirects the
> output otherwise).

I see.  SDL v1 creates those files by itself on Windows:
http://sdl.beuc.net/sdl.wiki/FAQ_Windows_Where_stdout___stderr

Unless stderr & stdin our redirected by the application
(as happens with Hatari's "-W" Windows option).

Any idea what happens with SDL v2 on Windows, do stderr & stdout
come to console normally with that?