Re: [hatari-devel] ROMSPEED effect?

Le 12/08/2015 21:55, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Hi,

As WinUAE CPU core supports now things needed by Uwe's
ROMSPEED, I tested it.

Executing ROM code from fast-RAM is supposed to be faster,
but this isn't visible in attached GEMBench results.

GEMBench actually shows VDI to be marginally slower with
ROMSPEED on TT (i.e. VDI ROM code being executed from fast-RAM)
than without, but I think it could be just rounding error.

This is what I used for Falcon (TT options are similar):
$ hatari --machine falcon --tos tos404.img \
   --dsp none --sound off --fpu-type 68882 \
   --ttram 16 --addr24 off -s 4  gembench.403/

MMU cannot be enabled with TT-RAM, so I'm not
sure whether ROMSPEED actually did anything.

(At least ROMSPEED starts without MMU, without
TT-RAM it just bombs.)

Hi

although WinUAE cpu core has different functions to handle access time depending on the memory region, this is not added to Hatari yet, results are most likely to be those of normal RAM for now.

These are parts of the things that will be worked on after 1.9 is released.