Re: [hatari-devel] OS X Hatari compilation and STX problem

Le 29/07/2015 00:06, Bob Carpenter a écrit :
I was testing Hatari with an STX file (War Heli) I found on this Atari Forum thread:
http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=26976&start=275

The War Heli game boots up in Steem 3.7.2 but it locks up in Hatari 1.8 and even the development version of 1.9.0. I turned on disk write protection in case that was the problem. I do not have any great interest in the game, but I am always interested in any Hatari incompatibility.

Hi

this game was known to be heavily protected and failed under emulators for a long time.

With Hatari, the CTR version will work when using Hatari compiled with WinUAE cpu core. The default / old cpu core needs to be updated to handle some specific stack / exception values (WinUAE cpu does a much better job at this).

Regarding the STX version, it locks at the title screen even when using the WinUAE cpu core, so something specific to the STX format is not handled correctly here in Hatari. I will try to see where's the difference, but I wonder if this game could really be dumped in working STX format on a real ST.

In addition, when I used Xcode to compile Hatari 1.9 on OS X, I received the following error:
   "_Dialog_HaltDlg", referenced from:
       _Exception in libUaeCpu.a(newcpu.o)

I did not have this error the last time I attempted to compile Hatari using Xcode a month or so ago. I also did not receive the error if I simply compiled Hatari using ./configure and make.

Can't help here, don't have OSX.