Re: [hatari-devel] DSP for Previous

Thank you Miro, Laurent and Eero for your answers. I'm glad to hear that the DSP is quite complete. So it is worth a try to add it to Previous.

For the memory mapping:
I don't know the exact mapping. But the NeXT systems have built-on 24 kB of external DSP SRAM, that was expandable to 96 kB (in fact the expansion module has 96 K; if installed, the built-in 24 K are no longer accessible).

I added the DSP code from Hatari v1.8.0. It was easy to make it compile. But then i ran into an early problem:
The 56001 has 4 operating modes:
0 --> single-chip mode
1 --> special bootstrap mode
2 --> normal expanded mode
3 --> development mode

Looking at the existing emulation code it seems to be the only mode implemented is mode 1. Is that correct or am i missing something?

Has anyone some insight in how the other modes could be implemented? At first look the differences between the modes seem to be mostly related to DSP reset.