Re: [hatari-devel] Release time for 1.8.1 ?

On torstai 07 toukokuu 2015, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> It's not always easy to decide why such version had a big number change,
> and other only a minor. But I really want to keep 1.9 and 2.0 for major
> releases with huge changes (for example : full cpu switch to winuae,
> full rewrite of the shifter emulation, full switch to sdl2, ...)

There's nothing preventing us from having 1.10, 1.11 etc before 2.0.
Hatari's v2.0 release could even be reserved just for SDL2 switch as it's a
large dependency change, and version numbers match...

On Linux kernel side, change from 3.19 to 4.0 was no bigger than change from
3.18 to 3.19. :-)