Re: [hatari-devel] Profiling code in TT-RAM

On keskiviikko 08 huhtikuu 2015, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> Attached is a patch which "should" add support for profiling
> code in TT-RAM

After testing, I commited updated version of it.  The current
Hatari profiler post-processor didn't need to be updated for this.

I.e. now one can profile programs loaded into / using TT-RAM
using Hatari.

To get programs into TT-RAM, one needs to run them from
floppy/HD image though, as current GEMDOS HD emulation doesn't
yet support corresponding program header flag(s).

For example:
hatari --conout 2 --trace fopen -s 4 --ttram 64 --addr24 no --machine falcon
--tos etos512k.img --fpu-type 68882 --ide-master openttd.img

After starting the program, enabling profiling in debugger and
later saving the profile data ("profile save <filename>"),
one can post-process it:
hatari_profile.py -a etos512k.sym -r openttd.sym -st -g -f 10 openttd-
profile.txt