Re: [hatari-devel] fopen traces

On maanantai 06 huhtikuu 2015, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> Le 06/04/2015 21:30, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
> problem is that "files" looks to generic to me. Does it traces fopen,
> fseek, fclose, fsnext, fread, frwite, ... ? At the moment not, and
> that's what I would expect from an option that says it traces files : to
> trace all kind of files' operations, not just fopen.

I've thought that it could trace also fclose() as it already
traces fopen().

However, I'm not going to add e.g. Fwrite() there, it's one
of those functions which really messes the output (in a way
that's not fixable with grepping).  MiNTlib seems to do printf()
output with Fwrite() call *per letter* i.e. every letter output
by "--conout 2", gets additional GEMDOS trace output.

Besides, file system operations which can modify file system
content:
- mkdir
- rmdir
- fcreate
- fwrite
- fattrib
- delete
- rename
- fdatime (write)

already provide an error message if file system modification
fails under GEMDOS HD due to write protection enabled by user.

The other errors for which normal Hatari users could do
something (= related to host file system operation errors)
are currently printed only under full GEMDOS tracing.
They are be something that "files" trace could output too.
What do you think?