Re: [hatari-devel] Attaching an ACSI harddisk: 3 x Why

Am Fri, 13 Mar 2015 21:18:11 +0200

> Hi,
>
> On perjantai 13 maaliskuu 2015, Thomas Huth wrote:
> > Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > I see, it was done as part of your ACSI changes in
> > > November/December 2013. I.e. it's supported in latest v1.8 Hatari
> > > release, it's just not mentioned in Hatari release notes or
> > > manual. :-)
> > >
> > > Could you some note about it to both?
> >
> > Well, it's experimental development code ... I'd first like to add
> > it to the GUI and do more clean-up and testing with it before
> > exposing it to the users ... I just lack the time and motivation to
> > finish that stuff ;-)
>
> I think it's rare enough feature that it doesn't need to be in SDL
> GUI [1], command line option could be enough.  I don't think SDL GUI
> would even have screen space for the 8 devices for which your change
> added support. :-)
>
> If you have proposal for what kind of command line option(s) it
> should have, I can add that.

Maybe simply an extension to the existing --acsi option? Something like
  --acsi n:filename
where n is in the range from 0 to 7, standing for the ACSI ID. If the
"n:" is missing, the option should behave like the current version, of
course (to set ACSI 0).