Re: [hatari-devel] Error dialog needs cold reset button

Le 08/03/2015 11:29, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Hi,

David, do you have a reproducible test-case for this?

On lauantai 07 maaliskuu 2015, Thomas Huth wrote:
I think this should be solved in a different fashion: The dialog
already says "CPU halted", but in fact it does not halt the CPU.
When the CPU would have really been stopped, there would be no further
exceptions - and the user could decide whether to bring up the main GUI
or to reset the emulator via shortcut or to quit directly or to enter
the debugger.

I'm in favor of this approach.

Unless one is developing/debugging one's own program, I think main cause
for these kind of situations is wrong HW configuration, so going into
options GUI is best as it allows fixing the HW config besides
reseting & quitting the emulation.

I.e. in addition to halt, the dialog should probably be changed into:
	<Error>  =>  CPU halted!

	Likely reason for the error is wrong HW configuration.
	Invoke Options GUI (or cancel to continue debugging)?

		[ OK ]  [ Cancel ]

This will need some extra variable that tells emulation to invoke
Options once emulation gets back to main loop.

Nicolas, what do you think?

Hi, although double bus error can create the 'halt' state, it can also be triggered in some game/demo protections, so I would not put a text about "wrong HW config" (in fact in nearly all cases, I never saw a 'halt' due to wrong HW in ST)

I think a message "exception during exception, cpu is halted, press OK to reset"

Note that when CPU is halted, DMA sound should still play when in STE mode for example. This is not the case at the moment, because that's really a corner case, so just stopping everything and doing the equivalent of 'alt+c' when user click OK seems ok to me.