|Re: [hatari-devel] Re: 040/060 emulation issue with BadMood|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Re: 040/060 emulation issue with BadMood
- From: Douglas Little <doug694@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 16:21:50 +0000
- Cc: Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; bh=vPFQye/TFKJtbGY6l4fNy9j8U1PKLCjE1MILMS33s9w=; b=E8npDX2v5Xc0kZWvPsnmpPYrp9EJ7xFl+NPdKoiEbs+KCwAFax0fL3e0grbf/Ty0Sw hY+L3pkwB+Oe989POJ+ivfbQNhm7BenFCaRVR9rgt1oXOmGo/9YvePEoy+hneKIYmAiU kI3YsH/ClVY7kBshhL1f4vAYGC+KbrhlkGR83apABSqBlUlDlurL96LUf/z7Ol3ha6Ue 0H7JORySSmW351BPikjtDquj2FNyQ/exzXKLC5lRrm4pl2qHAyY7Na0iODDpL0GcQQsm qy7ufgDa358TmFXdzqKne5jOllTgv9R97l2yq1uEfTCUnQ/Eqnx0YdghTqt6t0ftKtuw ok/g==
Yes it does sound familiar. Hmm.
In fact I recently encountered some weird problems on my 68040 machine as well, which seemed to indicate the host port sync was reporting the wrong result in some circumstances (very tight polling/reading). And this only happens when the code executes from TT-ram.
This is really weird, because all of the tight looping code is fully cached, and runs at the same speed from the cache regardless of TT-ram. Still a chance that some once-only setup code is running into timing issues but there is very little of that ... its very puzzling.
(On my 040 @ 40/20, the TT-ram can be put in copyback-cache mode which prevents immediates writes to the bus - but not by default, and it only affects data not code. And using TT-ram for data causes no issues anyway, which just adds to the puzzle).
For now I'm assuming these are just bugs in my code on faster machines but it is strange to see you are getting similar sorts of freezes in the same MHz range on CT60...
Once I get some time to check out BM on Hatari in 060 mode I'll try for some new tests on HW at faster speeds...