Re: [hatari-devel] HDDriver issues with WinUAE CPU core (and with EmuTOS)

Le 11/01/2015 19:24, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Hi,

On lauantai 10 tammikuu 2015, Uwe Seimet wrote:
Note that I was not able to run TOS 2.06 at all, even without any drives
attached the system crashed with 4 bombs right after the memory test.

For now, you need to use in ST/STE mode "--cpu-exact false" with
the new WinUAE CPU core.  This is what Nicolas said on that subject
(in "New WinUAE CPU core ST/e compatibility?" thread):

Hi

differences between CE mode or prefetch mode should mostly affect demos with overscan. I'm not sure it should give a problem with HD driver.

Also, I don't have problem booting STF with TOS 2.06, what is the exact setup that crashes ?

Problem was with ST mode (TOS 1.04), new WinUAE CPU core and
C: being IDE image and HDDRIVER being run from floppy image.

(I was testing using IDE with ST)

And yes, it's a regression.  Needs to be re-checked after Nicolas has
fixed New WinUAE CPU core ST emulation more.

Unless HD Drive uses some special exception stack, I don't see why it should not work now with 68000. Or is it with 68030 and/or MMU ? Here also, exact setup would be needed.