Re: [hatari-devel] fixed a crash when restoring a snapshot using DSP

Sorry, dsp56k_disasm_init seems not to do many things ;)

Your patch should be full OK ,)

Le 03/01/2015 18:50, Laurent Sallafranque a écrit :
Just to be sure everything is OK, at the end of DSP_Reset, there's save_cycles = 0; We must be sure that this value is not too high (I don't know why ;), or the DSP may execute a lot of instructions after restoring the snapshot (this value is peharps saved into the snapshot too)

In dsp_core_reset, there's a call to dsp56k_init_cpu(void)

void dsp56k_init_cpu(void)
{
    dsp56k_disasm_init();
    isDsp_in_disasm_mode = false;
    start_time = SDL_GetTicks();
    num_inst = 0;
}

Which inits a few things, the most import is the disasm_init pointer which initiates the disasembler pointer to dsp_core if I remenber well (for DSP traces and disasm). This may crash hatari if we try to debug DSP code after a snapshot reload and this variable is not set, I haven't verified.

Laurent