Re: [hatari-devel] Re: RAM detection issue with VDI (was HDDriver issues with WinUAE CPU core)

On torstai 15 tammikuu 2015, Uwe Seimet wrote:
> > Ok, so the NVDI hang was probably WinUAE core regression, not
> > due to the larger gap.
> >
> > I already updated the code to give smaller gap with other than
> > TT mono resolutions though...  If you have time, maybe you could
> > update Hatari and see whether that afected the WinUAE core hang,
> > to verify it's actually a WinAUE core issue, and not gap one?
>
> With there current code nothing has changed.

Ok, so the WinUAE core regression is verified.

Could you also debug it a bit?

Run Hatari with:
	--debug-except all,autostart --trace gemdos,xbios

And see whether NVDI does anything funny before it hangs.

After it hangs, invoke debugger and do:
---
> profile on
---
And after a while, invoke debugger again and save profile:
---
> profile save nvdi-hang.txt
---

Then mail the Hatari output and profile.

I'd like to see is it hanging on TOS or NVDI side.

(If you can use the debugger to check whether the issue
is e.g. exception handling or something similar that would
be great, but I'm not expecting it. :-))