Re: [hatari-devel] FPU disassembly fault

Hi, thanks for the responses.

With "--disasm uae" option, I get  this :

FPP.L #$6380,D0         which is not very useful

Yes this is what the debugger emits while tracing.

With next winuae cpu core, I get this :

f200 6380                FMOVE.L FP0,D0
f200 43a8                FSUB.L D0,FP7

So, as the "uae" disasembler use the same routine as the opcode decoding, it's normal that you get the same correct result.

But are you sure of your exemple ? you wrote "fp7,d0", but it seems it's fp0 if you give 6380.

Yes it was copied/pasted from Hatari's output window, and the sample is using fp7 for all temporaries.

I think this is an error with the external disassembler "--disasm ext", I will look into it, but it's harmless wrt emulation.

Indeed it does seem to be executing properly - just disassembling the wrong way round.