|Re: [hatari-devel] Using device files as drive images?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Using device files as drive images?
- From: Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Seimet@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 08:54:12 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; t=1413096853; l=1246; s=domk; d=seimet.de; h=In-Reply-To:Content-Disposition:Content-Type:MIME-Version: References:Subject:To:From:Date; bh=nvJUx6lfveACFPruw8jBOR/6tiE=; b=qWA16yBIo2slN5FP1QwXFkwMu2csA7MGj4+ys7/Ivad60ZGRgyxj8BakHzcCemujOX0 kq9jGmi1HJi8rtV4lTZc7sFxfcKXrqpG5zyEJ/qlutlWhu21TSu847WVlaeg3q3PuQ3Ni aOjilfQikM+7sX4p/sD9NAh7CwTBbHqZEGQ=
> > I choose "/dev/sdc" as image file for an IDE drive in the Hatari UI. But
> > when I select this file with "Browse" and then click "Okay" the "IDE HD
> > master image" path display does not display anything.
> Could you attach whole output from doing:
> hatari --conout 2 --trace ide --ide-master /dev/hdc
> with Hatari from Mercurial?
This is what happens:
>ls -al /dev/sdc
brwxrwxrwx 1 root disk 8, 32 Oct 12 08:40 /dev/sdc
>hatari --conout 2 --trace ide --ide-master /dev/sdc
Xcounout device 2 vector redirection enabled.
Hatari v1.8.0 - the Atari ST, STE, TT and Falcon emulator.
Hatari is free software licensed under the GNU General Public License.
hatari [options] [disk image name]
Try option "-h" or "--help" to display more information.
Error while parsing argument "/dev/sdc" for option "--ide-master":
Given file doesn't exist (or has wrong file permissions)!
--ide-master <file> Emulate an IDE master harddrive with an image
/dev/sdc has rwx (just rw also does not work) permissions for all, so I would
expect it to work. On your machine this seems to be working, which file
permissions does your device file have?