Re: [hatari-devel] IDE eject issue

Am Tue, 26 Aug 2014 10:32:07 +0200
schrieb Christer Solskogen <christer.solskogen@xxxxxxxxx>:

> On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 10:14 AM, Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > That really looks like Hatari simply crashed silently ... any chance
> > that you could hook up a debugger (like GDB on Linux) to the Hatari
> > executable to see where it crashed? (Sorry, I don't have a clue
> > about Windows how to do that there)
> >

> For what it is worth: The same happens for me.
> Running it with GDB does not give any hints..

Ok, thanks for trying anyway!

Hmm, there is an "#if defined(WIN32)" in ide.c ... I wonder whether
this is related to this problem... If you've got some spare time, it
would be nice if you could change the two contained function to
something like this to get more debug output:

static void *qemu_memalign(size_t alignment, size_t size)
{
    void *addr;
    fprintf(stderr, "VirtualAlloc(size = %i\n", size);
    addr = VirtualAlloc(NULL, size, MEM_COMMIT, PAGE_READWRITE);
    fprintf(stderr, "addr = %p\n", addr);
    return addr;
}

static void qemu_free(void *ptr)
{
    fprintf(stderr,"VirtualFree(%p)\n", ptr);
    VirtualFree(ptr, 0, MEM_RELEASE);
}

Also, there is a #define IDE_DEBUG in that file, could you enable that
by changing the 0 to 1 ? Later in the file, there is also a
#define DEBUG_IDE, that might be interesting, too, when being enabled.