Re: [hatari-devel] HD drive & partition limits

Am Sun, 29 Jun 2014 19:00:15 +0200
schrieb Adam Kłobukowski <adamklobukowski@xxxxxxxxx>:

> W dniu 26.06.2014 19:17, Eero Tamminen pisze:
> > Hi,

> >> I hoped  Hatari already emulates those 'suitable' host adapters.
> >
> > No.  Everything Hatari emulates is listed in the documentation:
> > http://hg.tuxfamily.org/mercurialroot/hatari/hatari/raw-
> > file/tip/doc/manual.html#Features
> >
> > If you're considering contributing emulation for host adapter(s)
> > to Hatari, please go ahead! :-)
> >
> > (I don't think anybody of current developers has interest
> > on that, so it needs to come from outside.)

> >> 256MB

> >> I ws not even close to trying to use VFAT. Usually everything got
> >> corrupted after I wrote first files on partition.
> >
> > What you used to format the partition?
>
> AHDI 5

I just tried to create a hard disk image with 256 MB partitions with
AHDI here, too, but AHDI even crashed during boot with such big
partitions. It works when I use a partition that is a little bit
smaller, so I guess this is a bug in AHDI?

> I'm trying to run STVidPLay, it completly bypases driver and calls
> ACSI by itself.

I tried to install that on my HD image, too, but with AHDI it only says
"unable to determine file location" or so. It works fine when I install
the (demo version of) HDDriver, though. Quite impressive to see such
movies on a stock (emulated) ST :-)