Re: [hatari-devel] NatFeats NF_EXIT feature (was: Is it me or the new hatari release is slow ?)

On sunnuntai 01 kesäkuu 2014, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> On sunnuntai 01 kesäkuu 2014, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> > To help with that, I was thinking that I could add new NatFeats
> > command which allows emulated program to tell Hatari to exit
> > with given exit code.
> >
> > I.e. you only need to write an Atari program that detects
> > the regression, and "hg bisect" will get from Hatari
> > the information whether the version it tested does have
> > the regression or not.
> >
> > I don't have right now time to write it, but I'll do it
> > later today.
>
> I've added:
> - new NF_EXIT NatFeats command

FYI: this required changing Main_RequestQuit() to take int
as Hatari's exit value.

> - example code for using that to tests/natfeats/natfeats.c

I've added now examples for all of AHCC, GCC and VBCC.

> - support for tracing NatFeats calls (to help debugging
>   potential issues with those)
>

> I'll change TOS tester to use this as it will speed up
> running the tests.  Currently test runner just waits
> "long enough" and then kills Hatari before checking
> the results & proceeding to next test.

This didn't turn out to be a good idea.  I want TOS tester
to take screenshots of the tests' end states, so they cannot
exit themselves.

However, I did another API change.  In case somebody's using
Hconsole to command Hatari through python, I changed its
Main class constructor.

Hatari command line options can now be given to the constructor,
one doesn't anymore need to modify global sys.argv.