Re: [hatari-devel] OS X performance problem

On sunnuntai 01 kesäkuu 2014, Bob Carpenter wrote:
> I am sorry for not doing the tests with the status bar off. Here are the
> numbers:
>
> 1.7 devel
> Fast forward - 25 sec
> Normal - 4 minutes 54 seconds
>
> 1.8 devel
> Fast forward - 8 seconds
> Normal - 4 minutes 57 seconds

For me, it loads in ~7 secs with fast forward even with statusbar enabled..

And without fast forward, the loading from (HD) floppy image takes:
 ~10 secs from clicking the program icon until FRANTRAK data loading starts
 ~20 secs to load FRANTRAK
 ~30 secs of different info screens until game gets to start screen
= 1 minute in total.

This is under 4MB STE emulation, with:
*   Frantick (c) 1994-95 Dave Munsie  *
*   V 1.1 - Release date 01/03/1995   *

(Above is game's output with "-conout 2".)

Which version of Frantick takes 5 minutes to load?

	- Eero