Re: [hatari-devel] OS X performance problem

On sunnuntai 01 kesäkuu 2014, Bob Carpenter wrote:
> I decided to load the PD game Frantick with its 640K music track into
> memory from floppy disk. I thought that would be a good bench test since
> it has to read the floppy disk for a long time before the startup screen
> appears. Back in 1995, the author recommended loading it on a hard disk
> if you were going to use the music track.
>
> Anyway, here are the numbers:
>
> In fast forward mode:
> 1.7 devel version (no track information) - 21 seconds
> 1.8 devel version (track information) - 58 seconds

Do you see same difference also with statusbar disabled
(--statusbar off)?

* If you still see the difference, it's not because of statusbar,
  but something else, most likely Nicolas' FDC emulation improvements.

* If difference disappears with statusbar, then the slowdown is
  due to statusbar and needs to be looked into.

	- Eero