Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari IKBD emulation regression?

On tiistai 06 toukokuu 2014, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> Le 05/05/2014 20:09, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
> > As to Puzznic, this is what its demo does when it's frozen
> > (should be switching between different startup screens instead):
[...]

> no bug in emulation, but I guess you ran the game from hard disk instead
> of floppy ?

Yes.

> The problem is that when the game loads, it waits for motor to stop in
> drive A (because it expects to run from floppy).
> Just insert a floppy in drive A, and this will fix the problem.

Thanks, yes, it does fix it.

Why it works without the floppy in Hatari 1.6.2?

I guess this relates to the "LED with empty floppy drives"
discussion...

My personal opinion is that if there are different kinds of drives
and their behavior, I would (at least by default) select emulating
the one which makes things (like Puzznic) more likely to work and
meets people's expectation (LED turns off when there's no floppy).