Re: [hatari-devel] Re: Hatari debugging improvements / NatFeats Extension Patch

On torstai 01 toukokuu 2014, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> Le 01/05/2014 11:44, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
> > I was thinking of some other potential debugging enhancements:
> >
> > * Showing exception debugging indication in statusbar
> >    (maybe one letter per exception type)
>
> I'm not sure about this one ; many games are using protections that
> trigger lots of exceptions to fool potential crackers, I'm afraid this
> would just make the status bar not very readable in that case.

I didn't mean showing exceptions that are happening, but showing
which exceptions are configured to be caught by the debugger.
And only when exception debugging is enabled.

It can be a bit annoying to debug something and only after
the fact notice that you e.g. didn't have exception debugging
enabled at all.  With this, one would see it from the statusbar.

	- Eero