Re: [hatari-devel] "Fantasia" & "Odd stuff" demos crash at start?

Le 15/05/2014 23:36, Eero Tamminen a écrit :

Are you going to merge that before release?

Yes, FDC major changes are one of the point of the release.

so I think it's an FDC problem and both demos
use the same loading routines.

According to compatibility list, they worked already with Hatari <v1.0.
And I remember them working also few years ago.  But --slowfdc option
doesn't affect them.

That was because FDC emulation before was really minimal and didn't emulate a lot of things, just reading sectors and discarding most of the rest. It was enough for this case, but unusable when right timings are required for example.

Oxygene's sprite record gives also double bus error at start:
	http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=16231

Confirmed, works with my improved FDC. I think those 3 demos are using Leonard's loader routine

Paolo's Panic:
	http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=14827

Shows pretty horrible flicker, which I don't remember
happening when I tried it earlier (in 2008 I think,
based on file timestamp :)).

Yes, there must be a regression in some overscan emulation, should be easy to fix.