Re: [hatari-devel] Falcon speed

I think uncached code runs faster in Hatari, and cached code can (sometimes) run faster on real HW depending on the instructions used.

The main reasons seem to be memory timing (?), no emulation of bus loading (e.g. Videl fetching) especially in truecolour mode where it costs the most, 68030 cycle head/tail overlaps, missing d-cache emulation.

Despite these things most software seems to run ok - usually a bit faster but occasionally a bit slower!

I was curious to hear other peoples experiences regarding this. I use Hatari alot and think it's fantastic, just have to find a way to deal with this "problem".