Re: [hatari-devel] Re: Hatari floppy drive detection with EmuTOS

----- Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
>... the WD1772 doc
> says it needs to count 6 revolutions (index hole) from the floppy drive
> to determine when the spin up is good.
>
> But my understanding about this is that if the drive is disconnected,
> you will never receive the index pulse, so the revolutions counter will
> stay at "0", spin up will never complete, and restore will never
> complete too, because it needs spin up to complete first.

I just read parts of the WD1772 data sheet and noticed that the 6
revolution spin-up is an optional flag that You set for some instructions.

Thus, you must devise your own timeout for a non-existent drive.

I read that an Atari ST floppy drive spins without stopping if the
floppy index is not working. (search atari-forum for: magnetic switch)

David