|Re: [hatari-devel] Re: Hatari floppy drive detection with EmuTOS|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Re: Hatari floppy drive detection with EmuTOS
- From: Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 10:51:35 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=sender:message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject :references:in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=bAmjAT2XkYc9C33SmTnVpY9pHOVAU6PhEIgRHmWCWk8=; b=fH/0t3PzX1SvVJpAVD/c1IszjRccro1lk9eG5GYp9Ppr+W2+WL7oh+aEezNt918bJW ptDpPpTADZrSA5HO9ZZy7huxZnPOy0pixa/T1q+NTvS3n0W728siT2cEazB6wzK7kcgg AnjvwpL4G2JV8i0Pl59Kv1bXYmKzvlgCzULBA1sEwSRyft8dlBsTKqSId37iDuGKx1yj QttWkGCwilWql1++IhXbPP4OnQeKcMHuXylbSaYDfsxIY/oM8SoF0x2EoQy2I6lDmTJZ TEV/2mjAG1acQX7saxqVISVyjzgoa6bIKmyEcMuBtTrtUP3TzUgvYMxgV/1U8IlQSngL 9H9Q==
On 17/01/2014 21:55, Roger Burrows wrote:
In bios_init(), the calibration is done immediately before blkdev_init() which
does the floppy/hard disk detection. In any case, the default delay value for
an 8MHz ST is pretty accurate ...
Also, does Hatari issue an IDE interrupt at startup? Or after IDE RESET?
I had trouble with that on the FireBee, and I became almost mad.
That "I'm ready" interrupt occurred only with one of my CompactFlash cards,
not the other one, so it seems to be device-specific.
The interrupt occurred exactly when EmuTOS was waiting for the floppy
drives, causing the floppy detection routine to fail.
On Atari hardware, the same interrupt is shared by the FDC and IDE devices
(and maybe ACSI and and SCSI, too). But the current EmuTOS interrupt handler
is only aware of the FDC.
Sorry to bug you again with this issue, but that's better than keeping that
NB: One could easily check if that issue is present on Hatari by removing
any emulated IDE drive.