Re: [hatari-devel] Re: Hatari floppy drive detection with EmuTOS

On 17/01/2014 21:55, Roger Burrows wrote:
In bios_init(), the calibration is done immediately before blkdev_init() which
does the floppy/hard disk detection.  In any case, the default delay value for
an 8MHz ST is pretty accurate ...

Also, does Hatari issue an IDE interrupt at startup? Or after IDE RESET?

I had trouble with that on the FireBee, and I became almost mad.
That "I'm ready" interrupt occurred only with one of my CompactFlash cards, not the other one, so it seems to be device-specific. The interrupt occurred exactly when EmuTOS was waiting for the floppy drives, causing the floppy detection routine to fail.

On Atari hardware, the same interrupt is shared by the FDC and IDE devices (and maybe ACSI and and SCSI, too). But the current EmuTOS interrupt handler is only aware of the FDC.

Sorry to bug you again with this issue, but that's better than keeping that for me.

NB: One could easily check if that issue is present on Hatari by removing any emulated IDE drive.

--
Vincent Rivière