Re: [hatari-devel] Automated OSX builds

There is nothing stopping us from using more compilers;

http://about.travis-ci.org/docs/user/getting-started/#C

There are of course benefits to having own CI and a CI supported by some other company. I would say, for hatari's use case, where the download page offers only 4 artifacts (2 for OSX, Linux and Windows) this system should be sufficient. Also there is no reason to stop having a build matrix for linux with different configurations on another system, such as the one you built.

One big win with this system is the OSX builds, which we have been lacking for a long time.

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 9:49 AM, Christer Solskogen <christer.solskogen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 9:31 AM, Deniz Turkoglu
<turkoglu.deniz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Travis currently doesn't support multiple platforms but they are working on
> it[5]. With osx and linux on board, we can also build for windows as well
> and auto-deploy releases more often and easier.

I created my own build scripts for building Hatari, why?
Because no CI would easely support as many different options and
targets as I think is required.
My windows builds both 32bit and 64bit, with and without debug, with
and without the new WinUAE cpu. That means 8 build runs.

For building on Linux (only logs available) my script also supports
using four different compilers.

Do you take that into account?