Re: [hatari-devel] No address error when accessing odd addresses?

Am Wed, 11 Sep 2013 20:16:25 +0200
schrieb Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Seimet@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> > Ah, wait, you're writing about the "Cycle exact" option... are you
> > using the WinUAE cpu core? ... that's slightly different and there
> > might be some bugs left in its option management (that's why it is
> > marked as experimental ;-)).
>
> Yes, I'm using the WinUAE core. Well, somebody has to use it in order
> find what's probably still has to be fixed.
>
> > But first ... what did you exactly change in the GUI? The "Slower
> > but more compatible CPU" option is named there "Prefetch mode,
> > slower" instead, if I remember correctly.
>
> First I enabled "More compatible, slower", but there was still not
> (expected) address error. Next I enabled "Cycle exact, slower", and
> then the IDE emulation appeared to cause problems.

"More compatible, slower" is an FPU option, that's why it did not work.
Not sure what could be wrong with the IDE emulation, though.

> > Also, do you see a line starting with "Building CPU" on the console
> > when you change that option and return the emulation? If yes, what
> > does it exactly print?
>
> Building CPU, 45989 opcodes (3 -1 1)
> CPU=68030, FPU=68882, MMU=0, JIT=0.
> CPU cycleunit: 1 (0.500)

Well, you did not change to 68000 mode here. In 68030 mode, you can
access uneven addresses for sure.