Re: [hatari-devel] Atari monitor switching under OS X

Jerome,

This version still breaks with a readline error. I see the readline framework in the Hatari executable, but it looks like Hatari is not referencing it and instead is looking on my system for this framework.

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: /Users/*/Library/Frameworks/Readline.framework/Versions/A/Readline
  Referenced from: /Users/USER/Downloads/Hatari.app/Contents/MacOS/Hatari
  Reason: image not found

After thinking about your earlier email further, I realized that I misread part of it. If you are making a non-hidden directory at ~/Library/Application Support/Hatari, that is probably the best Mac-friendly solution you have available. I completely understand why it would be too hard to change the hatari.cfg into a .plist file. It is also probably best that the OS X version change as little as possible. Since you are looking at a symlink between ~/Library/Application Support/Hatari and .hatari, that would prevent confusion among those people used to looking for .hatari.

In addition, have you changed your local Cmake file or changed the name of your X11 directory so that the Hatari compile script does not find it? The most common comment I saw on atari-forum was from people who were surprised by the X11 dependency. I do not know if any of your frameworks require X11. I know that the base Hatari will compile without it.

To speed the debugging process, I copied your three frameworks to ~/Library/Frameworks. At that point, Hatari starts up. Now, I can change the monitor type without Hatari crashing. However, the keyboard shortcuts for Insert Drive A, Insert Drive B, Create Floppy, and Load Config do not work. Load Config brings up the SDL menu and the other shortcuts simply give me the system alert sound. I only mention this because I thought you had fixed this previously.

I hope this information is helpful.

Bob C