Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari debugger question

On lauantai 10 elokuu 2013, Douglas Little wrote:
> As the PC address is anyway good to know in those cases, I added
>
> > it to the IO traces:
> > http://hg.tuxfamily.org/mercurialroot/hatari/hatari/rev/086b2e645bd2
>
> That's great :)
>
> Does the trace report all writes, or just those which cause a change in
> state?

Trace reports all writes.  Unlike breakpoint, it doesn't check
or show what the previous value was, and neither would my proposed
LastMemWrite variable, unless you use a tracing breakpoint on it.  :))

Btw. While tracing breakpoint reports just changes, it's more finegrained,
you can check e.g. whether just some specific bit changes.  In some cases
that can reduce a noise from accesses to non-interesting accesses bits
a lot.