[hatari-devel] Re: Hatari + TC + Falcon palette?

(CCing hatari-devel, Laurent has been doing Videl stuff)

On keskiviikko 26 kesäkuu 2013, Douglas Little wrote:
> ...actually it seems to me that the border colour is picked up by Hatari
> on the vblank, and propagated to the whole frame, it's not possible to
> change the colour during the refresh (i.e. no rasters possible).
>
> Is there a way to configure Hatari to pick up the border colour on each
> new displayline?

No.  Falcon screen is converted in one go, using whatever palette entries
that are there at vblank.  Palette changes before that aren't recorded nor
taken into account while doing the conversion (from given Falcon color
mode to current host/SDL framebuffer mode).

If border color (palette 0?) would be stored and used while converting
the screen, at what exact moment it should be stored?  When hblank happens?