|Re: [hatari-devel] Audio delay on Windows|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Audio delay on Windows
- From: dsavnkff <dsavnkff@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 12:12:07 -0600 (MDT)
- Thread-index: DH/7JbLgLf5fiR61StlSnvZqX9sOUg==
- Thread-topic: Audio delay on Windows
On Wednesday 26 June 2013 10:48, Douglas Little wrote:
> While working on some audio playback stuff I noticed a strange problem
> where audio 'events' are delayed by up to 1 second.
> At first I thought this was a bug in my code but after spending some time
> ruling things out it looks like a buffering issue between Hatari and the
> host sound device. When tested on a real Falcon there is zero delay and it
> works 100% correctly.
> Are there any known issues in this area? Anything I should look at in the
> config or on the host system? I'm using a windows build of Hatari BTW (and
> not the official one). Any suggestions welcome.
Hopefully this can be rectified with:
F12 > Sound > [x]Synchronize
I start Hatari with:
hatari --sound-buffer-size 10 --sound 48000 --sound-sync 1
.... to get musician approved audiophile quality sound.
(works well on a CentOS 5; 1GHz Pentium 3; PC)