|[hatari-devel] Audio delay on Windows|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [hatari-devel] Audio delay on Windows
- From: Douglas Little <doug694@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 18:48:30 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=puRe9/MXDzIZVqC4EYTyJrJ/5zflPGChgIFvKChydrE=; b=DDma0rWLjdyUe1N96d8IEghhgs7VJHLl1K6PkvJY5QqiYwDRn9LA1y3Szfr7U5336/ jklTz3vxjPZ7V9Y+aT1lHEn3oW6PxDdb8/xw3Oq8zsoDbRGtKUknt4rajoJgaygWYyCM M9yLVq9PLtdcMlh31C/dP/AgDxJ3f5TX+gFY/POwHDBqrM811gc94vbd9NhRjb6E9U36 /AFOljlUwWLYIEV5Hvo/PMUCSEhWFY5tLLdNx+t6NH0M15jx5ILWI8Uz9HVr0GtTW7L1 sNuabf3wn7h7uuuwA3gf39N2INS/QH9/FxGLw3QGSMcAlL/ilLWxq0xsqqeRrXEAfxeY fn7g==
While working on some audio playback stuff I noticed a strange problem where audio 'events' are delayed by up to 1 second.
At first I thought this was a bug in my code but after spending some time ruling things out it looks like a buffering issue between Hatari and the host sound device. When tested on a real Falcon there is zero delay and it works 100% correctly.
Are there any known issues in this area? Anything I should look at in the config or on the host system? I'm using a windows build of Hatari BTW (and not the official one). Any suggestions welcome.