Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari/EmuTOS Conflict

Le 11/06/2013 16:13, Roger Burrows a écrit :
Hi Nicholas,
On 11 Jun 2013 at 1:03, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:

But there's a problem in Emutos : we can see it still sends 0x1a and
0x12 *during* the reset, which is not correct, it should send them after
getting a 0xf0 or 0xf1 from the ikbd.

in emutos bios/acia.c :

      ikbd_version = ikbd_readb(); /* Usually 0xf1, or 0xf0 for antique
STs */

ikbd_read doesn't seem to wait for RDRF bit in sr, bytes 0x1a is sent
just after 0x80 0x01 (reset).

Is this version of Emutos CVS really compiled with CONF_WITH_IKBD_ACIA ?
I have the feeling ikbd_readb() returns immediatly without waiting.

Vincent do you know anything about this ?

Maybe this line should be enabled :

560	#if DBG_KBD
561	    kprintf("ikbd_version = 0x%02x\n", ikbd_version);
562	#endif

To see if emutos really received 0xf1 or 0xf0, or bypassed the test.

If it would help, I can compile the CVS with that debugging code turned on and
send you a copy for testing.

Roger Burrows

Thanks, that's not necessary, I think it will work if we change the define to do a test, but I'd like to know what options were used to build the CVS version available on emutos site.

Let's wait for Vincent's answer first.