Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari/EmuTOS Conflict

On 10/06/2013 01:06, David Savinkoff wrote:
On Sunday 09 June 2013 14:34, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
I added the default 9600 bauds for the ACIA after a cold start (that I
mentioned in an earlier thread).

Good. I guess that the real ACIA 6850 hardware does the same (since Jean-François had no trouble with the EmuTOS ROM on real STe), but we are not 100% sure. Unfortunately, without Jean-François' special hardware, it's very difficult to make cold boot unit tests.

Another possibility could be flashing emutos-cartridge (cold EmuTOS boot from cartridge ROM) on an flash Atari cartridge, but I don't know such hardware. NB: emutos-cartridge works fine with Hatari, when GEMDOS drive emulation is disabled. That 128k EmuTOS variant has no GEM, only EmuCON, but that's good enough to make BIOS tests.

That fixed the problem!

Very good :-)

For information: the CPU speed may matter.
In very early EmuTOS initialization time, when the keyboard is initialized, we don't have a way to make accurate delays. So we do ugly CPU loops, based on theoretical CPU speed. This matters for the keyboard initialization: it might not work if the CPU speed is too much high from the original one.

It is still mysterious why David experienced the problem before the Hatari fix, and why other people did not experienced it. The emulated CPU speed could be a difference.

--
Vincent Rivière