Boot time (was:Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari/EmuTOS Conflict)

On 8 Jun 2013 at 20:54, Eero Tamminen wrote:

> As to EmuTOS bootup taking a long time with accurate FDC emulation,
> that's a known EmuTOS issue.  With floppy, it takes 4.6s, without
> floppy, a pathetic 34.6s.  Normal TOS takes in both cases about 3 secs.

FYI, TOS 1.04 on my 1040ST takes about 1 minute to boot if there is no floppy
in the internal drive, versus about 4 seconds with a floppy inserted [in both
cases, no external floppy/hard drive connected].  That's why every ST owner
learned to always put a formatted (write protected for safety) floppy in the
drive when booting.

Roger