Re: [hatari-devel] Memory bank configuration register

On 22/06/2013 18:21, Troed Sångberg wrote:
On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 6:11 PM, Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxx
<mailto:th.huth@xxxxxx>> wrote:

    Unless somebody implemented it and I didn't notice it, Hatari does not
    emulate the behaviour of the memory bank configuration register
    0xff8001 yet, so software that depends on this register and the
    behaviour of the memory banks, might not work yet. When you enable the

That would probably explain why I have code that works in Hatari but not
on real hardware ;) Thanks for the heads up - I hadn't looked into why
yet but I did suspect our memtop handling.

/Troed

Note that in stMemory.c we set ff8001 to what the user chose as RAM size in Hatari configuration, unless another program modify this byte, you should be safe to read it to know how many RAM is "detected" on STF/STE.

So using ff8001 should give correct results under real HW or Hatari ; are you using another way to detect RAM size ? (writing at higher RAM location and checking if you read what you just wrote ?)