Re: [hatari-devel] Possible 1.7 regression

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 10:30 AM, Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
could it be a problem with the OSX compilation of Hatari ? Do you have access to a Windows or Linux machine to test if your disk image also crashes or not ? Such results as you get really look suspicious and could be due to memory corruption following some errors during compilation (optimisations flags and so on).

Thanks for reminding me! I'm actually at a place with a Windows box at the moment - so I downloaded the latest Hatari build off antarctica.no (15th of June) and tried it*. It seems to behave exactly the same - the image works on 1.6.2 and on 1.7 with EmuTOS, but it crashes visibly in the same way with 1.7 and TOS.

If you still have this .ST file that still crashes with Hatari 1.7 and not 1.6.2, keep it for later, it would be interesting to have a look at it later when it's released.

Absolutely :)

/Troed

*) It's a Windows 7 box and I needed to find a copy of libportaudio-2.dll elsewhere and rename the readline.dll from a 1..6.2 install to libreadline6.dll for it to start. Since the builds on antarctica are hourly dev builds it's just an FYI ..