[hatari-devel] Possible 1.7 regression

[ Thread Index | Date Index | More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives ]


I don't want to raise any unnecessary alarms, but as per my post on atari-forum, http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=25123#p232595 , I tried out the recent Mac build discussed here on my system. I usually run a 1.6.2 build from june 2012 (that I don't remember if I compiled myself or used someone elses).

I only exchanged hatari.app, no other changes, but suddenly the thing I'm currently coding (which, admittedly, might do some tricky stuff) stopped working in Hatari. The thing is, besides working fine on 1.6.2 my program also works fine on target hw, my regular STE that I make sure to test with as well.

What I see are 22 bombs (which probably isn't indicative, see below), and it doesn't drop out into the debug console (I run with -D).  Manual breaks and continues tell me TOS is still doing work.

I've just done some _very_ brief debugging from Hatari's debug shell and it might be F_READ not actually reading the files I give it, without giving me an error code in D0. It should load them to a specific memory address where I then execute them, and the bombs stem from there being nothing but zeroes where I jump to.

The program is run from floppy AUTO and it doesn't matter if the files it loads reside in the same folder or the root of the floppy image. If I instead run the program from a mounted gemdos drive C: path it works fine.

Accelerated disk access (new option in 1.7) doesn't make a difference - it happens whether it's checked or not.. I've tested with both TOS 1.62 and 2.06 roms.

I'd be happy to assist in debugging, if this isn't known behaviour in a temporary test build.


Mail converted by MHonArc 2.6.19+ http://listengine.tuxfamily.org/