Re: [hatari-devel] Most wanted debugger/profiler feature or convenience? (Blitter/LED)

On lauantai 13 huhtikuu 2013, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> Also, let's face it : in the best cases, there could be a few dozen
> demos released in the near future that could use it, but 95% of all
> demos were already released 10 years or more. Those demos might have bad
> coding practices, it could be interesting to see them if someone wants
> to study how it was done, but apart from that, no one will use this
> information to fix those demos.

Ok.  Fair enough.  At least my patch is now publicly available. :-)

> > At least in case of Blitter, current traces seem inadequate
> > for that purpose.
>
> Why so ? For example, if you have a trace that tells blitter started,
> you can check all IO traces related to the blitter and see if some
> occured before the blitter finished its work.

How one knows when blitter has finished its activity?

Another problem is breakpoints not working for this (because busy bit
clearing isn't updated to blitter control register until emulated code
either reads or writes it).