Re: [hatari-devel] Code execution discontinuities and detecting them?

On tiistai 19 maaliskuu 2013, Douglas Little wrote:
> Just a quick note on DSP interrupts - if you are looking for test
> material you'll probably find it in audio applications where it's being
> used to buffer samples/DCTs from main memory, or perhaps output to the
> CODEC in a time-sensitive manner. Probably also in some demos which
> depend on this kind of behaviour for MP2 music, 3D vertex data streaming
> etc.

To test the function cost collecting, I would need symbol information
for the test programs.  I don't remember any of them providing symbol
information for their DSP code... :-)

> (Unfortunately you won't find anything like this in my project as the DSP
> is used more like a conventional processor / GPU with a simple host-based
> command structure and mostly very small, separate packets of data).

I have CPU & DSP symbols for Bad Mood, that's enough for now.

Another test-case that I use is EmuTOS and its boot as it's
trivial to automate and always produces same results (so changes
are easy to verify).

	- Eero