|Re: [hatari-devel] VDI 2-planes mode|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] VDI 2-planes mode
- From: Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 11:34:54 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=x-received:sender:message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to :subject:references:in-reply-to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=/45MTGxstbMK/RBbW9j++jd9ankffIstXQ9QYcKx7IU=; b=tTo2ZXaphGeyf/rt3tXBEW4uIFUHM7Clfuh3yzbRPMPvqONvEgRoDAjWqEUkmTvngl 8muXcPRdTyiCRaPaGJgEnU5ZZhoJNDr6coOBQMtRs0RMSRM2m5exDJlIV0Bx/+PFrN/+ F2ri9ZpSC7LEezcz+b3Zzx9LVkF6VrneevzuVJgTP5YmFESEvgoYHGxhl7BiMNTnJRXZ 7pDlJPEFNsajq1Ff1dqklr6gxIN7h5w15DkNCcoZ+sLLEXOEQdgXLEs2zPpuwwQ0hcDG O/mLbs7fcmB6wPURkqSCv66x1HVHS9kjBHyNLlWdFRN6nKjp47T7zI9PQJX2QNfsFhSh Me4w==
On 06/03/2013 23:50, Eero Tamminen wrote:
However, in TT & Falcon mode EmuTOS for some reason selects 16-pix font
for >=400 high 4- & 16-color modes, although it doesn't do that in ST/e
mode. Do you know the reason for this inconsistency?
The OS selects the right font according to the boot video mode.
What you describe is what I intended with the NVRAM hack.
With big resolutions (>=400 high), the big font is selected.
You will probably agree that this behaviour is consistent with standard
Unfortunately, on ST the boot video mode is quite limited. It can be
either ST_LOW or ST_HIGH.
For extended color modes, we have to boot in ST_LOW, with the small font.
For extended mono modes, we have to boot in ST_HIGH, with the big font
(even in small resolutions).
The problem with this inconsistency in EmuTOS is that to avoid
crashes when BIOS console writes text at screen bottom,
This should not happen.
The number of text rows must be related to full rows, not partial ones.
Maybe Hatari does not correctly round down the number of text rows when
hacking the Line A variables?
1. constrain resolution height to be aligned to 16-pixels
(currently it's 8-aligned for other than mono modes),
When the rule above is respected, I don't think any height constraint
would be necessary. Even 1 pixel alignment should be fine. In GEM there
is no trouble, and on the BIOS console there will be a small horizontal
area unused at the bottom. Maybe that small stripe would not be
correctly cleared when switching from GEM to BIOS console, I don't know.
Anyway, forcing the height to a multiple of 16 when it is >= 400 makes
sense, since that will avoid that small stripe at the bottom, in any case.