Re: [hatari-devel] VDI 2-planes mode

On torstai 07 maaliskuu 2013, Vincent Rivière wrote:
> > The problem with this inconsistency in EmuTOS is that to avoid
> > crashes when BIOS console writes text at screen bottom,
>
> This should not happen.
>
> The number of text rows must be related to full rows, not partial ones.

I haven't tried with EmuTOS, but when I had been testing this earlier
(few years ago), at least real TOS versions crashed if screen wasn't
aligned to text height, and BIOS text was output until end of screen.
I was just assuming that EmuTOS does the same, as it's based on original
TOS sources.

> Maybe Hatari does not correctly round down the number of text rows when
> hacking the Line A variables?

Hatari didn't do any rounding, but integer division, so the rows
number should have been right.

> Anyway, forcing the height to a multiple of 16 when it is >= 400 makes
> sense, since that will avoid that small stripe at the bottom, in any
> case.

I'm now doing that always, just in case.

> If possible, the global VDICharHeight should be removed, and used only
> in the above function, as a local variable.

That was exactly what I had done in the commit I mailed about.  :-)