Re: [hatari-devel] Extended VDI screen in Falcon mode

On maanantai 04 helmikuu 2013, Vincent Rivière wrote:
> On 04/02/2013 15:04, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> > Another option is to disable VDI mode completely for Falcon,
>
> As you wish.
>
> > as TOS 4.x supports only 32kB modes.
>
> ?!?
> 640x480x16 color = 150 kB

What I meant is that TOS 4.x supports only 32kB VDI
modes with the NVRAM hack you proposed.

> > Could you provide a very large 16-color Falcon bootup video mode number
> > so that I could test the usability of NVRAM thing better?
>
> Nonsense, the video mode numbers are limited to 640x400 (or 640x480 in
> VGA).

What's the video mode number for 640x400x16?

> Which scenario would you like to test?

All of your NVRAM mode numbers were 32kB ones, and that's
why I think TOS 4.x didn't like larger ones.  So, I would
like to test with a larger mode, to see whether it helps.

> With the solution I proposed (and which seems to be implemented well in
> your patch - not yet tested by me), we should be able to select any
> extended video mode in Falcon mode. If it works, I don't see anything to
> add.

It doesn't work well with TOS 4.x.