Re: [hatari-devel] Little asm question

It's actually awk, not python, and some shell around it to check arguments
and print usage.  The actual convertion is just this:
        cat program.lst | awk '/^[0-9A-F]+  [BDT]  R  / { print $1, $2, $4 }'

Sorry yes it's a shell script. I confused the symbol convertor with the other python postproc script.

Yes awk, sed etc are compact, efficient - but it can be close to impossible read anyone else's code.

There's a chunk of such stuff in one of our projects and most of our engineers refuse to touch it because it looks like compressed file displayed as ASCII (or an entry to one of those obfuscated coding competitions). Worse still, it's in a key part of our makefile skeleton and the guy who wrote it left. :-)

D.